Friday, April 13, 2018

8 Essentials You Need for Starting a New Job

Hello everyone and welcome back to my little corner of the internet. I started a new job recently and while I was getting ready for my first day I picked up some things that I wish someone would've told me I was going to need when I started my first job. Now when you see the things on this list you might think to yourself, "Well, duh, you're going to need that." But trust me, a little reminder never hurt anyone. 

So, with that in mind, here are 8 Essentials You Need for Starting a New Job >>>>>



1. Notebooks: Whenever you start a new job always, always, always have a notebook - in fact, have two or three notebooks. When I started my first job I learned pretty quickly that if I was going to do the work correctly I was going to have to write a lot of notes. I found that the a regular size notebook was perfect for keeping the steps and guidelines of the job, while the smaller notebook came in handy when I needed to take notes on the go. 
Starry Notebook: Target (Similar)
Cactus Notebook: Target (Similar)

2. Multicolored Pens: Pens are a must for the first day on a new job. Of course they are - we all know that. But different colored pens are even better because you can color code your notes if you want to be really organized. I found that by using different colored ink for different notes helped me understand my scribbled notes later.Plus, the different colors give some life to your desk (if you have a job with a desk like I do).
Pens: Target (Similar)

3. White Out: Every job is different so some things on this list you might not need (like white out) but other jobs will not supply you with the basics so get you a white out just in case. 
White Out: Amazon

4. Post-Its: If you work in an office Post-Its will become your best friend. I use them on everything - to keep notes, to mark stuff, to hold my place in books/pamphlets. And while most offices have Post Its it never hurts to buy some of your own. You never know when you have to scratch a quick note. 
Post Its: Amazon

5. Highlighter: Most jobs will have offer an orientation and during that time they'll give you paper after paper of different policies, rules, and guidelines you'll have to follow. A highlighter can really come in handy when you get these papers because you can highlight the really important stuff in a flash. 
Highlighter: Amazon

6. Erasers: As with starting anything new you might make a mistake and need to erase something. Invest in some cute erasers that not only help you clean up your mistakes but encourage you to keep your head up. I got mine from Target and I love them because every time I see them I'm reminded that I can do anything and that I am truly blessed. And that's never a bad thing to be reminded.
Erasers: Target (Similar)

7. Lunch Bag/Box: One of the best things you can invest in on this list is a lunch box. While I do eat out every once in a while most days I bring my lunch. I found this cute little lunch bag on Amazon and I love it. It's compact but large enough to hold my lunch and snacks. 
Lunch Bag: Amazon 

8. Tote Bag: The last thing you'll need when starting a new job is a bag to carry all the other items I mentioned. I got the flowery, pink one from Old Navy but really any tote/purse/shoulder bag will do. 
Bag: Old Navy (Similar) 

So now you know my 8 essential things you need when starting a new job. Now it's your turn to share. What's something you wish someone would have told you to buy when you first started your job? Let me know in the comments. 

And until next time . . .

XOXO,


Nellie





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig