Thursday, February 15, 2018

7 Foundations Every Oily-Skin Girl Needs


Hello, lovelies, and welcome to today's blog post. I did a beauty review a while back for Urban Decay's All Nighter Liquid Foundation and it inspired me to write another foundation post. Because the only way to an awesome makeup look is to start with a flawless base.

Over the years I've had many people ask me what kind of foundation to use and I always tell them that in order to pick the right foundation that works best for your skin you must first identify what kind of skin you have. Is it oily? Is it dry? Combination? Once you figure that out then you can purchase the right foundation.

Well, as you can probably guess from this post's title I have oily skin. And by oily, I mean by noon my face is a shiny, grease-ball mess. So you can imagine how excited I was to find all of the foundations I'm about to go through. These little babies have changed my oily-skin life and thanks to them my face can go for hours without getting the least bit shiny.

So, if you're like me, sit back and relax, and let's check out some foundations together >>>>

**All the foundations mentioned in this post were purchased by me with my own money and I have not been compensated by any of the cosmetic companies in any way. The following reviews are my honest opinions.

HIGH END PICKS

Urban Decay's All Nighter Liquid Foundation is an excellent choice for oily-skin girls everywhere because it's a full coverage product that actually delivers. The formula is really good because it doesn't take a lot to cover your whole face. A little goes a long way. However, I must warn you - this foundation tends to oxidize - meaning it dries down to a darker shade than what's in the bottle. So if you want to try it out make sure to buy it in a shade lighter than your skin. Once it's been set it'll dry down to a shade that's close to your skin.

If you're interested in a more detailed review of this foundation, check out my review here






Becca's Ever-Matte foundation does exactly as the name suggests - it leaves your skin matte and free from shine for long hours. However, it does stand out from the other foundations on this list because it has a medium coverage. While it is buildable and it blends nicely, I found that it took a few layers to create the full coverage look I go for. But I have a feeling that I'll be reaching for this foundation more in the summer months because thanks to the Louisiana humidity I'm surrounded by my skin requires a lighter layer of foundation. 

  

I discovered this foundation when I was searching for one to wear in my wedding. And while I didn't use it for my wedding day (to see my Wedding Makeup click here) I did really enjoy it and found myself using it non-stop at first. It works very well for my long work days and it offers a full coverage finish that gives a flawless look. I also found that it evened out some of the texture that pops up now and again on my forehead and did an excellent job at concealing any blemishes. Plus it doesn't transfer so you can wear it safely without worrying about it staining your clothes.  

This foundation is by far my favorite foundation on this list because long story short - it's a miracle in a bottle and should be part of a every oily-skin girl's foundation collection. This was the foundation I wore in my wedding and since then I've only worn it for special occasions because it works so good. It's full coverage, long lasting, doesn't transfer, doesn't fade, basically doesn't move for hours on end. It works unbelievably well on its own but looks even more amazing once it's been set with powder and setting spray. 

DRUGSTORE PICKS
This foundation is one of the more affordable options on this list. But that's not the only reason I love it. It has a mousse-like consistency that dries down to a full coverage finish that's surprisingly light on the skin. I have put this foundation to the test many times by wearing it to the gym and amazingly it holds up great through my workouts. So well, in fact, that people have asked me what kind of foundation I'm wearing when I came back from the gym and were shocked to learn that it was a drugstore one. However, like the All Nighter foundation it does oxidize some but it leaves such a flawless finish that I don't even mind that it gets a little darker. 
 



When it comes to drugstore foundations for oily-skin you can't leave out Maybelline's Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation. This foundation sits nicely on the skin, blends out well with a brush or beauty sponge, and leaves your skin looking matte and poreless just as the name suggests. Recently, I've been using this foundation more and I can honestly say it holds up really good throughout the day. Plus it's a great, affordable alternative to some of the more high end foundations I mentioned.



While the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is my favorite high end pick, my favorite drugstore pick goes to L'oreal, hands-down. L'oreal's Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation is full coverage but it has a light consistency that blends like a dream on your face. It leaves a semi-matte finish that blurs fine lines and evens out the complexion. And while I'm not sure how it wears after 24 hours (I don't think anyone should wear foundation for that many hours), I can say that it holds up wonderfully for a full 9 hour work day.



So now that you know my top foundation picks what are yours? I'm always looking for a new foundation to try so let me know in the comments.

Until next time . . .

XOXO,

Nellie
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig