Monday, February 19, 2018

2 Ways to Style a Graphic Tank


Hello everybody and welcome to today's post. As you probably guessed from the title this post is a fashion post and today we're going to focus on styling one of my favorite clothing pieces to wear - a Graphic Tank.

If you're like me then you want your closet to have some comfortable pieces that are easy to grab and easy to style. Well, you're in a luck because a graphic tank is one of the easiest things in the world to style because you can literally throw it on, add a cardigan or jacket, and be out the door in no time. Plus, it's really versatile - you can dress this kind of shirt up or dress it down and you'll still look put together. I picked up the one in the picture at Old Navy and it has quickly become one my favorite shirts. It's made of jersey which is very breathable and doesn't cling to you. It has more of a swing fit that I feel compliments various body sizes and shapes.

So if you want to find out the 2 ways I style this tank just keep reading >>>>>






I truly believe that every person should have at least 1 cardigan in their closet because a cardigan can make even the simplest outfit look put together. For a casual look I paired this open cardigan I got from Old Navy with the tank and a pair of black skinny jeans. Because the colors in the look were pretty dark and one-toned I added a pair of leopard print flats and a long, gold necklace to give the outfit a little bit of a pop. Plus, the flats were comfortable.

A long necklace is my favorite accessory to almost any outfit because they're easy to wear and they add a little somethin' to an outfit without being distracting. I got mine from Versona but Charming Charlie has a great selection of long necklaces with pendants. I also chose a gold necklace because the gold complimented the maroon cardigan but if silver, bronze, and rose gold can also work depending on the color of your pants and cardigan.




Wanna shop the look?

// Cardigan - Old Navy (similar) // Graphic Tank - Old Navy // Black Skinny Jeans - Cato's (similar) // Leopard Flats - Payless - Similar // Necklace - Versona - Similar //





For my second look I wanted to show y'all an easy way to dress up a graphic tank so you can wear it the office. Because who says you can't wear something graphic and quirky to work? You can still look professional while showing off a piece of your personality.

First off, a blazer can make anything - and I mean anything - look professional. Literally, you can wear one with jeans and a plain white tee and it'll take your look to a whole 'nother level. This time I paired the tank with a beige blazer and some olive green skinny jeans.

Color wise, I wanted to keep this look more neutral because I feel that neutral colors like tan, black, white, gray, or navy works best for an office setting. Yes, you can wear bright colors to work (I might do a post on how later) but you never have to second guess if you stick to basic colors. For shoes, I added some beige booties to compliment the blazer and didn't add a necklace. And that was it. Your office ready look is complete.



Wanna shop the look?

// Blazer - Cato's (Similar) // Olive Skinny Jeans - Cato's - Similar // Beige Booties - Payless (Similar) //

I hope this post inspires you to take a look around your closet and see the possibilities that are already at your finger tips.

Until next time . . .

XOXO,

Nellie


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig