Friday, February 9, 2018

Gone Fishin'


 
 
Hello, everybody, and welcome to today's post. Fishing. It's a pastime my husband, Denis, loves. And while I'm necessarily the most outdoors-y kind of girl I don't mind fishing. I find it relaxing and even rewarding sometimes, which is why I didn't complain when Denis wanted to go the Sunrise Catfish Farm that's a few hours from away.
 
We loaded up our rods and reels, stopped by a gas station and picked up some worms, and then headed for the catfish ponds. We've been listening to the Greatest Showman soundtrack non-stop so on the drive there we had it on and had a little Greatest Showman karaoke.
 


 
Finally, we made it to our destination and hit the ponds. Sunrise Catfish Farms offers catfish ponds that are open to the public. The owners are really nice and very helpful. This was our second time coming here and honestly, we enjoyed it just as much as our first visit. Denis loves coming here because he says it's relaxing. I'm not much of a fisher but I like this place because the ponds are stock-full of catfish so I know for sure I'm going to catch something.
 


 
 

All in all, we had a good day and Denis ended up catching 10 fish. I only caught 1 and I was so proud of it. Hey, 1 fish beats no fish. And though it may not look like it from the pictures it was actually really cold that day so after I caught my fish I went to the truck to warm up.  All in all, I think we had a very productive day.
 
Until next time . . .
 
 
XOXO,
 
Nellie




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig