Thursday, February 1, 2018

Falling in Love with Charleston, SC


Hello, everyone, I hope you're all having a lovely day. It's finally February and with Valentine's Day just around the corner, I decided to do a 4-part blog post series about a city Denis and I fell in love with on our honeymoon last May- Charleston, South Carolina. So sit back and come with me on a trip down memory lane. I hope you'll enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I enjoyed putting these posts together.
 
Let's jump right in >>>>>>

When we were planning our honeymoon we sat down and Googled top Honeymoon destinations in the US. Denis hates flying so we knew wherever we went we'd have to be able to drive there. So we agreed to a honeymoon road trip.

In 2016 we'd headed to the West Coast to see the Grand Canyon and Vegas, so for our honeymoon we felt the East Coast was calling our name. With a little help from Google we settled on Charleston, SC. And our hearts were forever stolen >>>>>




We stayed at the French Quarter Inn while we were there and it was amazing. The service was great and the staff were super nice. As for the room - it was by far one of the best either one of us had ever stayed in. Denis and I both said that if we ever got to come back to Charleston this would definitely be the hotel we stay at.







Battery Park



Denis is a major Civil War buff so of course we had to swing by Battery Park and snap a few pictures.

Quick facts about Battery Park -  it's also known as "White Point Gardens," and it's been a public park since 1837.




 


RAINBOW ROW
 
Visiting Rainbow Row was my favorite part of the seeing Charleston. The houses were so colorful and neatly kept. I loved it so much that I picked up a wooden replica of the houses that I keep on my bookshelf.
 
As we explored all the beauty that Rainbow Row had to offer I kind of felt like a kid walking down Candy Lane with all the different colored houses surrounding us.
 







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig