Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Best Night


Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. I hope your day is going well and if it's not I hope this post will cheer you up and bring a smile to your face. The other day Denis and I went on a date. Because Valentine's Day fell on a Wednesday this year we decided to save our Valentine's date for the weekend. We went to dinner at a local seafood restaurant called Tunk's and had a really good meal with good conversation. 


Normally, our date nights consist of going to the movies or staying in and watching a movie (we're pretty low key) but this night we decided to treat it like a special occasion and got dressed up. 

Denis is very laid back - he's probably the most laid back person I know - and just like his personality, his style is laid back too. He usually likes to rock a t-shirt, some shorts, and some sneakers. But this night he changed it up and went for a blue polo with black slacks. He even pulled out his new sneakers.


I, on the other hand, had bought this dress from Torrid a while back but hadn't found a time to wear it. So I pulled it out of my closet and gave it whirl. Because it had been raining earlier I paid it with my black booties so my feet wouldn't get wet in my heels. After we had our mini photo session we hopped in the truck and headed for Tunk's.


Even though we got to the restaurant early it was still packed. So we parked and made our way inside. After taking a turn at the salad bar we were ready to order. Denis got some crawfish etoufee, a dish Louisiana's kind of known for, and I got the crawfish fettuccine. 

For dessert we ordered two, because truly you can never have enough dessert, and then we shared it. We got some bread pudding for Denis and a blueberry cream pie for me. Both were delicious. 

All in all, we had a really nice evening. Delicious food. Great conversation. We couldn't have asked for more.








What's your favorite place to have a dinner date? Let me know in the comments.

Until next time,

XOXO,

Nellie
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig