Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Valentine's Day Outfit DIY



Hello, everybody, and welcome to today's post. In honor of the Day of Love, I thought I'd do a little DIY outfit post. To be honest, I've never been much of a Valentine's Day kind of girl but when it comes to affordable clothes and DIY crafts I'm always that kind of girl.



Over the last few weeks I've noticed an old trend that's making a comeback - patches. In the 90s patches were kind of thing. I mean I had them everywhere - on jean jackets, on clothes, even on hats. Well, when I was scrolling the Torrid website I saw that they're definitely coming back into play.

http://www.torrid.com/product/torrid-premium-boyfriend-jeans---dark-wash-with-star-wars-patches/10859418.html?k=0&CM_MMC=PLA-_-GGL-_-BR-_-3066|16726|044eea3a-d14a-482b-a667-8e5bd3aa7cab&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtJbTBRDkARIsAIA0a5PZcHQLfNekipM1LjbgqbI6WmimlnU8Xk995xFUvSijZ5EbKywqU_saAlHHEALw_wcB

http://www.torrid.com/product/embellished-patches-pullover-sweater/11093063.html?k=0&CM_MMC=PLA-_-GGL-_-BR-_-3066|13401|044eea3a-d14a-482b-a667-8e5bd3aa7cab&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtJbTBRDkARIsAIA0a5Or3WXdl88J53nVePKITgD9dacC_Vl892MQfK04LJp8jBMmqtXy8RgaAnsJEALw_wcB


I personally like this trend because you don't have to spend a fortune to achieve it in your own wardrobe. With a quick trip to the hobby/craft store, an iron and ironing board, and a piece of clothing and you too can be rocking this new/old look.




A few weeks ago I picked up a black and white striped shirt with quarter length sleeves at Old Navy. It was on sale but kind of plain. So I headed over to my local Hobby Lobby and found some rose iron-on patches that could spruce it up some. Most craft stores have a good selection of iron-on patches for an affordable price. The ones I picked up here $9.99 but with my Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon I printed from their website I got it for even cheaper.


As for these shoes. I'd seen them in Torrid's holiday catalog right before Christmas time and I fell in love with them. But when I tried to buy them online Torrid was sold out of them. So, disappointed, I kind of forgot about them - until Torrid sent me an email about their after Christmas sale. While checking out the sales I came across them again - in my size! - so, of course I grabbed them while they were on sale.

They're really comfortable and don't pinch your toes at all because their wide. In fact, all of Torrid's shoes are wide so if you're like me and have flat feet Torrid's shoes will be a Godsend.

This was the finished look >>>>>



Wanna Shop the Look?
//Shirt - Old Navy// Patches - Hobby Lobby// Jeans - Maurices// Shoes - Torrid//




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig