Tuesday, February 6, 2018

5 Chick Flicks You Should Watch this Valentine's Day


Hello, everyone! My name is Nellie and I have addiction - to chick flicks. They say the first step to healing is acceptance. Anyway, if you've read some of my previous blog posts you'll see that I love movies. And there's an very special place in my heart for chick flicks.

So with Valentine's Day upon us, I thought I make a little list of the 5 Chick Flicks You Should Watch this Valentine's Day. It doesn't matter if you'll be spending the holiday with your boo or your best friends these movies are worth watching (and re-watching).

Enjoy >>>>

5. Me Before You


I feel that with any good chick flick you must cry at some point. And if you're watching Me Before You, you will definitely cry - and laugh - and sympathize - and relate - and cry again. But in the end you'll find that you'll really enjoy this film.

Long story short: it's a film adaption of Jojo Moyes novel by the same name. The main character, Louisa, is a young woman trying to figure out who she is and what she wants. Along the way she meets Will Traynor, a young man who's had a terrible accident and is now completely paralyzed. Together they learn that maybe life has more to offer them than what they first thought and that maybe another person can bring out the best side of you. It's an A+ drama with just the right amount of comedy.

4. P.S. I Love You


This was the movie that made me fall in love with Gerard Butler. Up until this point he did a lot of action movies and I just didn't dig him, but when he played Gerry in this film he stole my heart and the hearts of hundreds.

Holly and Gerry are a married couple who love each other deeply and are trying to get by in New York City. Everything seems rosy until Gerry dies and while that may seem like the end of the story, it's not. It's just the beginning. On Holly's 30th birthday she starts receiving letters in the mail (and other places) from Gerry, who's dead. Freaky to some, romantic to me.The letters help Holly learn who she is without her best friend and eventually teach her how to move forward without the love of her life beside her. 

PS I Love you will not only have you tearing up and sighing, it'll have you laughing because it has these really delightful moments between Holly and her friends. Definitely a movie I enjoy more the more I watch it.

3. The Notebook


What Valentine's Day movie list would be complete without The Notebook? This is the holy grail of all chick flicks. I mean, it has everything - romance (of course), a little action, and most importantly, Ryan Gosling.

I'm not going to into detail on what this movie is about because I'm pretty sure most of the world has seen it and re-watched it about a million times. But I will say Allie and Noah had a love I think everyone secretly wants - one that lasted a lifetime. My favorite scenes are actually when Allie and Noah are the old couple in nursing home. Even though Allie had dementia and couldn't remember Noah, he never left her side. And truly, that's what all of us want - someone who won't give up on us no matter what.

2. A Walk to Remember

This movie has been one of my top 10 movies for a long time. And I feel that out of all of the chick flicks I've seen so far A Walk to Remember is the best portrayal of true love because the two main characters - Jamie and Landon - learned a very important lesson few of us learn: you must first accept someone for who they are before you can love them.

Also, this is the only movie I've ever seen that was actually better than it's book counterpart. All in all, this movie is amazing and who doesn't want to watch Mandy Moore in first acting role?

1. Valentine's Day





No Valentine's Day movie binge night would be complete without the Valentine's Day movie. This film has an ensemble cast of Hollywood A-listers and it manages to weave all of their stories into one cute and interesting movie. It follows different people who are all somehow connected as they try and get through the Day of Love in one piece.

It has it's funny moments and it's heart-warming ones too. I really liked how it followed couples of all ages and how love affects their lives in one way or another. Which is why it's my top choice for a chick flick you should watch on (or close to) Valentine's Day.

So now that you know my 5 picks for V-Day, it's your turn to share. What's your favorite movie to watch at this time of year? Let me know in the comments.

Until next time . . .


XOXO,

Nellie



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig