Monday, February 5, 2018

Seeing the Ocean for the First Time

 

While we were in Charleston Denis and I decided to check out one of the local beaches. Neither him nor I had ever seen the ocean so we couldn't wait to check that off our bucket lists. The beach we visited was the on the Isle of Palm.



The town of Isle of Palm kind of reminded me of Destin, Florida a little. It's a beach town and at the time of year Denis and I went there it was loaded with tourists. But I must say, everyone we met there were really nice and I liked the laid back atmosphere of the place. A very relaxing place to visit on the East Coast. 





 The island was beautiful. After we drove around a little we stopped to grab some lunch at this place called Coconut Joe's Oceanfront Restaurant, which was right by the ocean. The food was delicious and what made it ever better we had a seaside view. 





After a delicious meal and some good conversation we headed down to the beach and finally got to see the ocean - the Atlantic Ocean - for the first time as a married couple. Denis loved it and it made me happy to see him so happy. We even wrote our initials in the sand. 

All in all it was a great day and I'm glad I got see the ocean with my best friend.








  I hope you all enjoyed this little post series of mine. I know I really enjoyed finding the old pictures and strolling down memory lane.

So now I'll leave you with this quote by Maya Angelou:

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

So go out there and make some memories with the people you love. And don't forget to cherish the memories you've already made.

Until next time . . .

XOXO,

Nellie 

For more of our Charleston adventures check out yesterday's blog post: click here








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig