Friday, February 9, 2018

3 Reasons to Watch (and Re-Watch) The Vow

 

Hello, my lovelies, and welcome to today's post. Today I want to talk about one of my favorite movies, The Vow. This movie - gosh, what is there to say about this movie - well, for starters it's one of the best chick flicks on the planet. There's so much romance in this film it's almost too much to take. It doesn't matter if you've seen this movie one time or a thousand times, it'll never get old because a good story never does.

For those of you who don't know The Vow is about Leo and Paige, a married couple who get in a car accident on a date night. Paige loses part of her memory in the event and she can't remember anything about Leo, just her life before meeting him. So it's up to Leo to try and win her heart back, even though she doesn't know him anymore.

So, just in case my little description doesn't inspire you to watch it, I thought I'd give you 3 reasons to watch (and re-watch) The Vow.



Let's jump right in >>>>>

3. Channing Tatum Is In It & He'll Steal Your Heart


I'd seen Channing Tatum in the Step Up movies and Dear John and while I'd found him to be good-looking and likable he never really stood out to me as an actor for me. But that all changed when I saw him in The Vow. There's just something so genuine about him. He plays a character named Leo who falls in love with Paige (Rachel McAdams) and refuses to let go of that love - even when he has to let her go.



I guess what I liked about him in this movie was that was a real gentleman and he wasn't going to give up on the love of his life. He was likable, yes, but even more than that he brought a sincerity to that role that few actors could've done.

2. The Relationship Between Leo & Paige


It's kind of rare to see inside a loving couple's marriage in a chick flick. Usually, the chick flick is all about getting the two people together to happily ever after. But this chick flick takes the audience after the happily ever after has worn off. Leo and Paige have a lot in common because they're both creative, artist-y types. But even more they're best friends as well as lovers.

Leo is really patient with Paige after she loses her memory and Paige seemed to be very supportive of Leo before she lost her memory.


1. It Will Make You Appreciate Your Loved Ones


The first time I saw this movie I left the theater with a since of deep appreciation for all the people I love. It's really easy to take your loved ones for granted, but this movie reminds us that life is short and it's important for us to take a moment to cherish the memories we've made and the people we've made them with.

So if you're looking for a really good chick flick to snuggle up and watch or you've seen it a million times like me and just needed some reasons to watch it again, give The Vow a chance. It's worth every minute.

Until next time . . .


XOXO,

Nellie

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig