Tuesday, February 27, 2018

More Pigments, Please: Makeup Geek Pigment Review


Hello everybody and welcome to today's post. If you've never heard of a cosmetics brand called Makeup Geek I am more than honored to introduce you to it. This company belongs to the YouTube and makeup guru, Marlena Stell. And in my opinion, it has some of the best products on the market - high end or drugstore. Everything is affordably priced and the brand offers almost everything from eye shadows to brushes to bronzers and blushes. But out of all the amazing products they have my favorite is the pigments.

For years I only used pressed shadows for my eye looks, but my makeup game totally changed the minute I saw the Makeup Geek pigments. Not only are they really pigmented (no pun intended) and well priced at $9.00 to $12.00, but they're super soft, pretty easy to work with, and give you a beautiful wash of color that beats even some of the most expensive eye shadows out there.

  

The pigments come in three different kinds - regular, foiled, and duochrome. If you haven't already guessed my personal favorites are the duochromes. You basically get two shadows in one and who doesn't love that? But before we get into the awesomeness of the pigments let's talk about the packaging for a second.

Let's just take a minute and appreciate the loveliness of the packaging. Each pigment comes in a compact box with a slight holographic shift. As for the pigment itself, each comes in a circular, plastic jar with about 6 grams of product.


Now on to swatches>>>>>




I don't think I'll ever understand why I love swatches so much but I do. And trust me, the Makeup Geek duochrome swatches didn't disappoint. Out of the 7 duochrome shadows she offers I have 6 and let me tell you these little babies pack a mean color punch. Her shades range from noticeable colors like Sugar Rush and Kaleidoscope to the more wearable like Prism and Mood Ring.

When it comes to the duochromes my holy grails are Sugar Rush and Kaleidoscope.


As for the regular and foiled pigments I only own two of each. To be honest the foiled pigments have some colors that are a little out of my comfort zone but the regular pigments are perfect if you want to add a little extra shine to your eye look. The two colors I have are probably some of the most wearable colors you'll find in the pigment range: Gargoyle and Afterglow.

Let's start with Gargoyle. If you're into cool tones than this is the pigment for you. It's a gray/taupe-y color that compliments all eye colors. Also, it works beautifully with the neutral colors of the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette

As for Afterglow - oh my gosh, let's take a minute for it, shall we - this stuff is my favorite of all the pigments because it looks ah-mazing on every eye color. It's the most beautiful, soft, and shimmery champagne with just the tiniest hint of gold. Plus, it's super versatile. You can wear it alone or layer on top of another eye shadow and take your look to the next level.  It's perfect for wedding makeup because you can either sweep a little bit on the lids for a natural glow or really pack it on for a stand out look. There's no wrong way to wear it.






So now that you know my favorite Makeup Geek pigments it's time to tell me yours. Let me know in the comments which MUG pigment catches your eye (no pun intended).

Until next time . . .

XOXO,

Nellie


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig