Friday, January 5, 2018

My Wedding Makeup




To say you want to look good on your wedding day is understatement. You want to look amazing yet classic. At least, that's what I wanted for my wedding day. I wanted a look that was very fresh and timeless - something that wouldn't overpower my dress but would compliment it and enhance my features - something that I wouldn't be embarrassed to look at years down the line. Also, I wanted my look to stay put through the ceremony and reception.



 A lot of people told me to get my makeup done but I really wanted to take the time to do it myself. So months before the wedding I did some research online for the best products for my skin type (oily) and specifications. The list below is what I used  on my big day and trust me, my face lasted through the whole evening.

Face Products


Because I have oily skin my pores tend to be more noticeable than those with dry skin. So I knew in order for my foundation to look smooth I needed a good primer that would hide my pores without clogging them. I choose the Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer.


I searched high and low for the perfect foundation. I read reviews and asked the ladies at my local make up counters. And finally, after much searching, I decided to use the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place foundation. This stuff was amazing. It has a matte finish (which I liked because it controlled my oil well) and doesn't transfer. Also, it looked amazing in photographs and stayed in place (just like the name) all through the ceremony and dancing at the reception. I loved it so much it has now become my holy-grail foundation.

I also picked up the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder and the Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in Captivating. Both of these products truly lived up to their names. They promised long-wear and that's exactly what they gave me. I also picked up the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter in Champagne Pop (shout out to Jaclyn Hill). This product was the perfect highlighter because it complimented my skin tone nicely without looking too shiny.









The next product I chose for my wedding day makeup was concealer. I picked the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer. This concealer became another ride-or-die product for me. It's light weight, buildable, brightens well, and concealed like a dream. It didn't break up under my eye, which to me is a must in a concealer, and looked really natural once blended out.

  For bronzer I chose the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. Looking back I wish I would have picked up the Benefit Hoola Bronzer but Jaclyn Hill had said so many good things about the Banana powder in this palette that I had to give it a try. It worked great and I really liked that the palette offered 2 warm tone bronzers and 1 cool tone. I mixed the cool and warm tones to give my perfect contour color.

To set everything in place I reached for Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Setting Spray. This stuff is amazing. It held everything in place for hours and it wasn't the least bit sticky. It doesn't have a weird smell, which I find is a personal must for setting sprays, and even better - a little bit goes a long way. Definitely a makeup favorite of mine.



Eye Products

They say the eyes are the window to the soul - well, I knew for sure I wanted my soul windows to look awesome. I went for a cool tone look and turned to my trusty Urban Decay Naked2 Palette. My absolute favorite colors to use from this palette are Bootycall, Snakebite, YDK, and Busted. Oh, I also primed my lids with concealer and the Laura Mercier powder.  

 

Lip Products

Finding a long-wearing lipstick was the most challenging of all the products I used for my big day. I tried out lipsticks, lip stains, even glosses. But I finally settled on Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shades Mother and Double Dare. I layered the two colors to get my perfect look. Out of all of the products I tried this one impressed me the most. It stayed out through the kiss and the eating and drinking at the reception. It stayed on until I scrubbed it off that night. This lipstick is some of the best I ever used and I still recommend it to anyone looking for an awesome liquid lipstick. Yes, it does dry matte, but it doesn't flake, doesn't transfer, and when it does start to fade a little it leaves a nice stain on your lips so it still looks like you're wearing it. Best product from this bunch, hands down.

So after months of researching and testing products, this was the final look >>>>




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig