Tuesday, January 2, 2018

My New Year Resolutions for 2018


Happy New Year everyone! We are now officially in 2018. And you know what that means, right? New Year, New Resolutions.

Normally, I don't make New Year Resolutions because I rarely stick to them, but this year I decided to make a change. I read somewhere that if you write down a task or goal you have to do you're more likely to accomplish it. So here's a quick list of my New Year Resolutions for 2018.

Enjoy >>>>

1. Exercise More & Eat Better


This is a common resolution but one that I think we can never do enough. I go to the gym about 3x a week but in 2018 I am determined to make it 4x a week. In 2017 I found that I had trouble sticking to a consist workout routine, but this year I'm going to put my head to it. As for the eating better it's time for me to reach for more salads and less French fries - simple as that.

2. Read & Study the Bible More

I really enjoy reading the Bible but this year I want to study it more extensively. I find that I tend to reach for my actual Bible more than the YouVersion Bible App on my phone, but I still love using the app because I can read the scriptures in any translation, even different languages.

 
 



 
They say journaling while you study helps you remember things better so I'm going to get me a little notebook and pen and try and jot down some things while I read.


    










3. Enjoy More & Worry Less

I tend to be a "Worry Wart" and this year that has to go. With God's help, I'm going to try and take each day as it comes and not focus so much on the future. Jesus said, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own ." That's in Matthew 6:34, so I'm going to try and take His advice and remember this verse when the cares of this life descend upon my mind.



Life is too short to worry about things that may never even happen - and even if they do happen, why would you want to live it twice?

This year I want to remember to take a deep breath, let it go, and enjoy my surroundings - because in the end every moment becomes a memory and I don't want to waste any of mine.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So now that you know my resolutions, what are some of yours? Feel free to leave it in the comments.

Until next time . . . .

XOXO,


Nellie
















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig