Thursday, January 4, 2018

Movie Review: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

 

If you're looking for an awesome movie that will not only entertain you but hold your interest you should definitely check out "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" if you haven't already. This movie has everything - action, character development, even a little love triangle thrown in.

To be honest, I'm not much of a Star Wars fan. I like the movies but I've never read any of the books associated with the series. But as soon as we sat down to watch "The Force Awakens" I knew this was a movie series I would definitely  continue to follow.

 

The story continues with Rey finally finding Luke Skywalker on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean. But this isn't any island - it's the home of the Jedi temples and the books of Jedi history. While there she realizes that Luke might not be the Jedi legend she always thought he was and that he blames himself for how his nephew (Leia and Hans' son) Kylo Ren, turned out.















While on the island Rey also learns some important things about herself, Kylo Ren, and what it really means to be a Jedi.

I really loved the character development in this one. To me, Rey and Kylo Ren became more than just good guys vs. bad guys - they became real people in a sense. I mean, they both showed more vulnerability. And even started to relate to each other a little bit.



 
 
Honestly, I thought this was the best Star Wars movie in the new series so far. We get a few new characters who blend in nicely with the original cast as well as a few new locations to enjoy. But we also lose some characters which is kind of bittersweet but a necessity for the series to go on.
 
 
All in all I really enjoyed the movie. It had a plot twist I didn't see coming and the fight scenes were amazing. So if you're looking for an awesome movie that will take you out of your every day life and let you escape for a few hours definitely check out "Star Wars: The Last Jedi."
 
You will not be disappointed . . . and may the force be with you. ;-)
 
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig