Monday, January 15, 2018

From Summer to Fall: 1 Dress 2 Ways


When I started this blog I wanted it to be a place where I could write about and share things that I love. I love clothes and I truly believe that a good outfit can change your mood for the better. One question I get sometimes from my friends and coworkers is how can they make their wardrobe stretch. I tell them, "Simple. Buy pieces that you can build and add to."

Just because the weather changes and a new season is upon us doesn't mean that you have break the bank on clothes.  You might be surprised what you can do with what you have.

Let's take this sleeveless dress for example >>>>>


I got it from Old Navy last spring and it quickly became one of my favorite pieces in my closet. I loved it so much that I knew I couldn't just wear it in the summer. So I searched my closet until I figured out how to "fall-ify" it with a few accessories. Let's take a look, shall we?

Summer


Because the dress is sleeveless it's pretty easy to wear in the spring and summer. I mean through it on and a pair of sandals and you're good to go. But I normally pair it with some denim capri leggings. Because the material is kind of thin the leggings make me feel more covered. For shoes I reach for my Dexflex Comfort peachie pink flats because they match the flowers on the dress and keep my feet cool.


//Dress: Old Navy (currently unavailable, similar ones here and here)//Leggings: Walmart (found in store only, similar ones here)//Shoes: Payless, Dexflex Comfort Caroline String Tie flats)//
 

 Fall


Fall is all about cardigans, so I picked this one up at American Eagle and traded my flats for some boots. Investing in some cardigans is essential for any closet because while a cardigan looks simple it can bring an outfit together as well as keep you warm. Just a few accessory additions can make almost any summer outfit ready for the fall and winter months.

//Cardigan: (currently unavailable, similar one found here)//Boots: Shoe Department (currently unavailable, similar ones found here)//




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig