Monday, January 8, 2018

My New Favorite Palette: Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance

 
If you haven't already guessed by looking around my blog I looooove all things makeup, especially eye shadow palettes. A new eye shadow palette definitely puts me in a good mood. My co-workers know of my obsession of makeup so for Christmas they got me the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. And all I can say this little baby has quickly become my new favorite palette of the moment.
 
The outside of the palette is a beautiful soft pink color with a velvet feel to it. It's lightweight and just the right size for travel. It currently retails for $42.00 but I think it's definitely a great investment for any makeup collection.
 
 
 
It also has a gorgeous mixture of berry and neutral shades - perfect for creating every day looks to the more advanced looks that are perfect for a night out on the town. This was the first permanent palette for Anastasia Beverly Hills and I think I saw online that it was inspired by Renaissance paintings. There are 13 shadows in the palette and while most of them have a matte-finish two of them (Vermeer and Primavera) have a satin, pearlescent finish just perfect for highlighting.  
 
 
Please excuse the dirtiness of my palette in the pictures. As you can see I definitely use it. I found the shadows to be very blendable and super-pigmented. Everything I want in a palette. Also, a major plus the shadows look good on a variety of skin tones and eye colors.
 
The shade names are as follows: Tempera, Golden Ochre, Vermeer, Primavera, Antique Bronze, Love Letter, Cyprus Umber, Raw Sienna, Burnt Orange, Red Ochre, Venetian Red, Warm Taupe, Realgar
 
 
 
And while YouTube is filled with hundreds of tutorials using this palette my personal favorite was Manny Mua's.
 
 
 So what palette are you loving right now? Let me know in the comments.
 
Until next time . . . .
 
 
XOXO,
 
 
Nellie
 
 
 
 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig