Monday, January 29, 2018

My Top NYX Cosmetics Picks


NYX is a brand I find myself turning to over and over again for my affordable makeup need. Not only is it good for the wallet it actually offers really good products. But just like any brand I've learned that there's good products and not-so-good products. Let's focus on the positive today, shall we?

Today's post is going to be quick list of the Top Products I Like from NYX. So find a comfy seat and let's get into the list >>>>>

***Disclaimer: The product prices mentioned in this post are the product prices featured on the NYX website as of today.

1. NYX Professional Makeup Eye Shadow Base - $7.00

This stuff is my holy grail eye primer when I don't feel like using my Mac Painterly Paint Pot. Honestly, I find that it works just as good as the Paint Pot but for a much more affordable price. NYX offers it in four colors - Skin Tone, White, White Pearl, and Black. While the white would likely work well in brightening up your eye shadow, the Skin Tone one works best for every day wear. Just pat it coat of it on your lid before you apply your eye shadow and viola! Creaseless eye makeup all day.

 
2. NYX Professional Makeup Jumbo Eye Pencil - $3.50 - $4.50
 
Ever wonder how you can make your eye shadow look brighter or darker? Try laying down a Jumbo Eye Pencil first. NYX offers a variety of colors (24 currently) but my favorite ones are Milk and Black Bean. But I must warn you: don't pack so much of the color on your lids while applying - the formula is a little greasy and they tend to crease if too much is applied. I usually just draw some of the product on my lid and then pat it out with my ring finger.
 
3. NYX Professional Makeup Face & Body Glitter - $6.50
 
Glitter is a girl's best friend. Simple as that. And if you're looking for cosmetic glitter that's easy to use, finely-milled, and in a variety of shades definitely check out the NYX Face and Body Glitters. These little bad boys come in plastic tubes that are not only makeup bag friendly but easy to store. I've used these glitters countless times and I'm still impressed at well they work. But I found out that they work best with my next product on this list . . .
 
4. NYX Professional Makeup Glitter Glue - $6.50
 
 
If you want your eye/body glitter to stay on all night you've got to apply some glitter glue. And NYX's is the best on the drugstore market in my opinion. It's easy to use and I love the long-tipped tube it comes in. A definite cosmetic must for any collection.
 
5. NYX Professional High Definition Finishing Powder - $10.00
 
NYX's HD Finishing Powders are best used in small doses. I've made the mistake more than once of having a heavy-hand with this powder and trust me, it will make you look like Caspar the Friendly Ghost. But I learned that it works best when applied lightly. I mostly use it to set my eye shadow base and my under eye concealer and I've hit pan on this product not once but twice. It currently comes in three colors - Translucent, Banana, and Mint Green. So all in all, a decent setting powder from the drugstore.
 
6. NYX Professional Makeup Suede Matte Lip Liner - $4.00
 
 
 
 
The NYX lip liners go two-to-two with even high-end lip liners. They're super creamy and they come in 36 shades. No matter what lip look you're going for NYX has got you covered. The formula is some of the best on the market and what makes them even more amazing is the price. $4.00? You can't beat that.
 
7. NYX Professional Makeup Slide On Pencil - $8.00
 
 
 
A good eyeliner is hard to find but thankfully NYX gives us a wonderful option for a wonderful price. Their Slide On Pencil actually live up to their name by sliding onto your water line like a dream. They stay put through the day and don't bleed down your eye. Plus the formula is so creamy and smooth it rivals even some of the high-end liners I've tried. They offer 16 shades that are so worth trying.
 
8. NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil - $10.00
 
For me, filling in my brows is a must. And I've learned the hard way that not all brow products are created equally. But the NYX Micro Brow Pencils are some of my faves. Right now they offer 8 colors ranging from Blonde to Black and everything in between. The spoolie that comes with each pencil is actually very good quality and the fine-point pencil tip is perfect for getting in between those tiny brow hairs. A drugstore must-have for any makeup lover.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig