Tuesday, January 30, 2018

My Nighttime Skincare Routine

 

Ok, so when it comes to skincare I'll be honest - when I find a routine I like I tend to stick to it - so much that I have to force myself to venture out and use new products. But the way I see it, if it's not broke then don't fix it.
 
In this post I'm going to show you the Nighttime Skincare Routine I've been using for a few months now. The products I use are all affordable and have been my ride or die skincare necessities for years. And while I've tried other products these are the ones I always come back to. I tried to put the products in the order I use them.
 
So grab a comfy seat, a cold drink (or a hot one), and let's jump right in >>>>


 
I have oily skin so exfoliation is a must for me, but I usually have trouble finding an exfoliator that's not too harsh on my skin. Out of all the exfoliators I've tried - from high end to drugstore - Olay Luminous Brightening Cream Cleanser has worked the best for me. It has these tiny, little beads that breakdown in your skin and help to not only exfoliate but moisturize.
 
I squirt a little bit in my palm and then run a little water over it. Once the product is damp, I warm it up with my fingertips and then rub into my skin. It lathers just enough to break down the makeup on my face, helping to ready my face for the next product - cleanser.
 

 


A good cleanser is key for any skincare routine. And while there are hundreds of cleansers out there the Olay Total Effects 7 Revitalizing Foaming Cleanser has been my go-to one for years. According to the Olay website this cleanser offers 7 benefits in 1 (hence the name). It promises to clean deep, rejuvenate skin, reduce the appearance of fine lines, refine the appearance of pores, replenish moisture, enhance brightness, and soften skin. And while I'm not really sure it does all of those things I can say that it leaves my face feeling baby soft and thoroughly clean.

I apply just a little bit to my face and trust me, a little bit goes a long way with this stuff. I've been using the same bottle for about 6 months.


 
When it comes to makeup removers I've found out that you have to be careful. If one has too much alcohol it can really irritate your skin. But the Rimmel London Just Let It Go Makeup Remover has just the right amount of gentleness to it that it doesn't burn or sting your skin in the least. I use this with cotton swabs and it washes away my waterproof eye liner and mascara like a dream.
 
It's never too early to start using anti-aging products. I mean, I'm all for getting older but I'm not so much on looking older. So after all my makeup is gone and my face has been exfoliated and moisturized I apply the Olay Age Defying Classic Night Cream all over my face - from my T-zone to my cheeks, forehead, chin, and neck. Some people might not know this but it's really important for you to apply your night cream (as well as your day cream) to your neck because it's one of the first things to show signs of aging. So always remember to show your neck some love too.

 
 
ALL CLEAN!
 

 
After my face is all nice and clean again I'm ready for bed and I can rest easy knowing that my skin will rejuvenate through the night and be ready for the next day.
 
So now that you've seen which products I reach for, which ones do you love? I'm always looking for new products to try out so let me know in the comments.
 
Until next time . . .
 
XOXO,
 
Nellie
 
 


 





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig