Monday, January 22, 2018

5 Things Disney's Lady & the Tramp Taught Me

Disney's Lady & the Tramp is probably one of the most romantic movies ever. You don't have to be a dog lover to appreciate the sweetness of innocent Lady's relationship with the streetwise Tramp. Because I'm a Disney fanatic, I bought this movie on DVD when it had it's 50th Anniversary.


The DVD actually came with a second DVD that had hours of documentaries on the making of the film, which I totally loved. I'm kind of a behind-the-scenes geek. I love seeing how a movie's made and learning all of the details that came together to create the final product.

But while I was watching the movie the other night it came to me that there were some lessons the film taught me as a kid that I didn't appreciate until now. Like what? Well, I decided to comprise a little list of the 5 things Disney's Lady & the Tramp taught me.

Hope you enjoy . . .

1. Disney's version of Victorian America was way, way, waaaay prettier than the history books' interpretation.

The houses in this movie were gorgeous. The whole town looked like something in a snow globe. According to the special features DVD the town used in the movie was loosely based on Walt Disney's hometown of Marceline, Missouri. But from what I saw on Google Marceline, MS doesn't look like this completely. I kind of think Disney had to animators draw what he wished his hometown looked like. The whole film captured a piece of wholesome Americana.

 



2. A Guy from the Wrong Side of the Tracks Can be Fun

I never blamed Lady for falling for Tramp. He was wild and carefree and challenged her to do things outside of her comfort zone. But he was also, as his name implies, a bit of a rover. But he still knew how to have a good time and showed Lady that there was a great big world out there, one just waiting for them.  



 3. True Friends Have Your Back No Matter What

Jock and Trusty were my favorite characters on the movie (besides Lady, of course) because they always had her back. I mean, come one, they offered to marry her. And after Tramp totally broke Lady's heart they stood up for her and sort of became her guard dogs (no pun intended).


4. There Is Never A Wrong Time for A Sing & Dance Number

My favorite part of the whole movie is when Peg breaks out in song in the jail. She was voiced by real-life Jazz singer Peggy Lee and to this day "He's A Tramp" is one my favorite Disney songs.


5. A Good Bowl of Spaghetti Can Do Wonders for Your Love Life

And last but not least the top thing Lady & the Tramp taught me was the way to any person's heart is definitely some really good spaghetti. In fact, my husband, Denis, actually made his grandpa's special 5 hour Spaghetti when we first started dating and I joke with him that the spaghetti was so good it's one of the reasons I married him. ;-)


Now it's your turn >>>>>

What lessons have you learned from a Disney cartoon? Feel free to leave a comment. Until next time ....

XOXO,

Nellie
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig