Friday, January 19, 2018

Mini Sephora Haul

 
If you haven't already guessed what this blog post is about from the picture above, I decided it was time to do a Mini Sephora Haul. For me, a Sephora store is a tiny piece of makeup heaven right here on earth. And to be honest I didn't intend to buy anything when I stopped by my local Sephora this weekend. But, as usual, I couldn't help myself.
 
So here's a quick run down of some of the things I picked up. Hope you enjoy >>>>
 
 



The first thing that caught my eye was foundation. I've been wanting to try a new high end foundation for the longest, so I finally just broke down and bought the Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation in the color Nude to give it try.

https://www.beccacosmetics.com/ever-matte-shine-proof-foundation-1ba48d.html

I wore it all weekend and I can honestly say I like it - not love it. Don't get me wrong, it's a really good foundation that lives up to it's name because it keeps you matte all day but it's medium coverage so if you're looking for a full coverage foundation this one's not for you.

But I must say it's very buildable and sits nicely on the skin all day. It broke up just a little bit on my nose but when I mixed it with my L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte 24hr Foundation it held onto my skin much better. All in all, it's a really good foundation if medium, matte coverage is what you're looking for.




Of course after I was through perusing the foundations the eye shadow palettes caught my eye next. And the one I chose was an oldie to some but a new one to me - the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette. This palette comes with 18 creamy shadows in varying shades of coral, pink, green, purple, brown, and black. And the whole thing smells like a peach. Who doesn't love that?

 
 
 
I've been using this palette for the last 3 days and so far (with YouTube's help and my own inspiration) I've managed to come up with 3 signature looks with it. I found all of the colors to be very blendable, buildable, and complimentary to various skin tones. The colors also compliment varying eye colors. Out of all the products I purchased this one was my favorite one.
 
 


 
So with my face and eyes covered I searched the store's selections of lipsticks. Lately, I've been searching for the perfect lip color for me and I think I finally found it in

Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Lovecraft. This is the perfect shade for me because it goes well with my skin tone. Plus it's super long-lasting - even through drinking water.
 
When I checked out I also got 2 samples - a mini Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in Griselda and a mini Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Backtalk. The three of these lip products swatched beautifully - in fact they swatched so well that it took me 2 showers to get the colors off my arm. Now that's long-lasting.
 
 
 
 
Last but not least I also got a sample of the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Wash. This stuff is amazing. Not only is it really safe to use on your face it's some of the best cleaner you can find for your makeup brushes. It gets heavy, pigmented products off your brushes in one gentle dunk.
 


So now that you've seen my purchases I just have to know: what are your favorite products at Sephora right now? Feel free to let me know in the comments.

Until next time . . .


XOXO,

Nellie
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig