Thursday, January 18, 2018

The Best Day

 
Last Saturday was an awesome day. My mom and I had a little girls' day out in a town called Natchitoches. According to the history books Natchitoches is the oldest town in Louisiana and it's also the home of the Annual Christmas Lights Festival that my family and I attend every year. But today Mom and I decided to treat the town like it was some place we've never been before and be tourists for a day. 


 
The town of Natchitoches is a picturesque, touristy town. People from all over the country flock here to check out the shops that line Front Street and taste some delicious Cajun cookin'. Mom and I came here for both. We walked along the sidewalks, did a little window shopping, and then headed inside our favorite shops to look around. 




 
We even found the street Denis was named after - Rue St. Denis. Of course, I had to take a picture next the street sign. When I showed Denis later he just laughed. 
 
 

 
 
We explored a place called Razzle Dazzle, a vintage clothing boutique stocked full of antiques and cute clothes, and even a cookware store with some the coolest cooking gadgets around. 
 



 
Our favorite stop was the Bathhouse Soapery, an apothecary shop specializing in handmade soaps and moisturizers. This place has everything you need to feel pampered - from amazing-smelling bathbombs to handmade facial cleansers to out of this world smelling perfumes. Mom and I picked up a bottle of their bestselling scents - Southern Hot Mess and Bathhouse Couture.
 




 
All in all Saturday was the best day. It felt good to just take our time and relax. We didn't look at our watches or check the time once - we just strolled along and enjoyed the day. If you're ever in Louisiana definitely check out Natchitoches. It's a little town with a lot of heart. 
 
Until next time . . .
 
XOXO,
 
Nellie




 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig