Wednesday, December 27, 2017

My Christmas Gift Haul 2017

   
Hello, everyone, and welcome to the last Christmassy blog post of 2017. I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday. Hopefully, you all ate lots of food and treats and your days were filled with laughter. My family and I had a great time. As usual the five of us piled up at my Grandpa's house on Christmas Eve and really enjoyed ourselves.

 
 

For my family one of our holiday traditions is that we open presents on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day is for eating and relaxing and visiting other relatives. This year was especially special for us because my Uncle Terry came home for the weekend. He stays in a nursing home and last year was unable to come home for Christmas because my grandpa had been sick. But thankfully this year Grandpa and Uncle Terry were both doing great and we all got the celebrate the holiday at home.

Uncle Terry, Christmas Eve


I thought you'd might enjoy some family pics >>>>>

 
 
 
After we ate some chili we headed into Grandpa's living room and I read Luke Chapter 2 from the Bible. We do this every year so we always remember that Jesus is the best gift we could ever receive. Then we opened our presents. We tried to take turns so we could see what everyone got and see their reactions to the gifts we'd got them but Grandpa and Uncle Terry tore into theirs so fast we gave up the taking-turn thing and dug in.
 
Here's a quick haul of the gifts I received >>>>>
 
 
Got me some nail polish. I'm currently wearing the last color on the right.
 
This bracelet has the Bible Scripture John 3:16 engraved on it.
 
These necklaces came from Denis. This is called the Infinity necklaces.

Denis also got me this ring and the slippers below.
 

After presents we all went outside and Denis did a little firework show for us. Uncle Terry loved it. Then Christmas night Denis and I went to the movie theater and saw "The Greatest Showman."


 

So all in all we had a really great Christmas. We dropped presents off to other relatives and enjoyed spending time with the family. To me, that's what Christmas is all about - remembering and celebrating Jesus' birth and doing that with those you love.



I also just wanted to say thank you to you all. If you've ever took a minute and read one of these blog posts, thank you. I hope it's brought a smile to your face and maybe brightened your day. I've got some ideas for more posts for 2018 and I hope you'll continue to stop by my little blog.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and I wish you all a very Happy New Year.

See you in 2018!


 



 
 
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig