Friday, December 22, 2017

5 Things I Love at Christmas Time

 


There's just something about this time of year that makes me smile. And while it does get stressful sometimes, for me there's something magical about Christmas time. So as Christmas draws nearer I've come up with 5 Things I Love at Christmas Time >>>>>
 
1. Christmas Lights
 
 
 
Oh my goodness! I looooove Christmas lights. Actually, I love anything that sparkles but Christmas time takes the sparkle to the next level. Some people go all out with their houses and most stores and shops will light up their windows. I think Christmas lights can make almost anything look pretty. My favorite are the multi-colored ones but the white ones offer a more elegant look. Either way you can't go wrong with some lights.
 

 
2. Starbucks Chestnut Praline Latte
 
When Starbucks' red cups show up you know for sure that it's Christmas time. And for me their Winter menu is my personal favorite. Last year I became addicted to their Chestnut Praline Latte. I drink it decaf and the taste of it reminds me of Christmas in a cup. Am I the only one who actually gets sad when they no longer offer it? 
 
3. Christmas Music Takeover
 
One of our local radio stations turns into a Christmas station the day after Thanksgiving. On my way to work I listen to them and sing along to all the Christmas songs. Usually, I go for the old classics but this year I found 2 new Christmas songs that really touched my heart: Lauren Daigle's "Noel" and Matt Redman's "Angels (Singing Gloria)." If you haven't heard them feel free to take a listen >>>>
 
 
 
 
4. Christmas Movies & Specials
 
I love movies in general but a good Christmas movie in December does something to my soul. Every year the Hallmark Channel and Lifetime plays Christmas made-for-TV movies non-stop but I personally love the classic movies like "Miracle on 34th Street" and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." Denis and I bought a few classic Christmas specials on DVD (such as the Charlie Brown Christmas Special) and it's now become our tradition to watch them Christmas Eve night. I can't wait to snuggle on the couch and watch Snoopy, Lucy, Charlie Brown, and the rest of the gang celebrate Christmas.
 
 
5. Jesus' Birth
 
While I love all the things I put on this list my absolute favorite thing about Christmas time is Jesus' birth. If you think about it Jesus is the best Christmas present anyone could ask for. He - being all God - came down from Heaven, became a man, and walked among us. And then He grew up, did amazing things for people of all kind, and died on a cross for our sins. But His story didn't end there because 3 days later He got up from the grave and restored our relationship with God.
 
Without Jesus there would be no Christmas, there would be no peace on earth or goodwill to men. Because of Jesus we have peace, we have salvation, we have joy, and most importantly, we have everlasting love and life.
 
 



So this Christmas season enjoy all the glammer and glitz, enjoy the family traditions and gifts, but don't forget the real reason we even have a Christmas time - Jesus.
 
Until next time >>>>>
 
XOXO,
 
Nellie
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig