Thursday, December 21, 2017

5 Christmas Songs that Always Get Me in the Season

So I was driving home the other day and one of my favorite Christmas songs came on the radio, "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" by the Jackson 5. And so for the 30 minute drive to our house I ceased the opportunity to sing the words at the top of my lungs. By the time I made it home I was in the Christmas mood, ready to put up the tree, and bake some cookies. Now, did I actually do any of that - nope - but I was definitely feeling the Christmas spirit.

That got me thinking: what other Christmas songs put me in the Christmas mood? And that's how this little list was born.

So, in honor of the Christmas festivities ahead here's the 5 Christmas Songs that Always Get Me in the Season >>>>>

Enjoy >>>>>>


 

5. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" Margaret Whiting and Johnny Mercer

 


This song is one of my all time favorites. Every time it comes on the radio Denis and I sing it word for word. We both just love the cat and mouse playfulness Margaret and Johnny bring to it. And on top of that it gets stuck in my head. Definitely a Christmas classic.

4. "Winter Wonderland" Darlene Love



There a hundreds of renditions of this song but Darlene Love's cover is my absolute favorite. She adds a little Motown beat to it and really gets it moving. By the time she gets to the chorus you'll be dancing, trust me.


 

3. "Please Come Home for Christmas" the Eagles



Ok, so this song is actually kind of sad and should bring me down, but it hasn't yet. To me the best line of this song is the first one: "Bells will be ringing this sad, sad New Year's . . ." Yes, it's definitely the saddest song on this list but every time I hear it I think of my Uncle Terry. He loves this song and every Christmas when it comes on the radio he sings along to it.



2.  "All I Want for Christmas" Mariah Carey



This song is the only one on my list that was written and performed by the same artist. I don't know if it's Mariah's voice or the lyrics of the song but every time I hear it I can't help but sing along. Mariah's on point with every note and it's just so darn catchy you can't help but like it, unless you're a complete Grinch.


 

1. "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" Jackson



If this song doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit then nothing will. Michael Jackson's pre-pubescent voice is so contagious and cute that I can't help but smile when I hear it. Thanks to Motown the Jackson 5 took a Christmas classic, sped it up a little, and put a soulful spin on it. When this song comes in - in the car or in a store - I got to sing along to it. Because hey, it's Christmas time and it's Michael Jackson. Put those two together and you've got a Christmas hit for sure.

So now you know the 5 Christmas songs that get me ready for the holiday season ahead. Now what about you? What Christmas song gets you in the spirit? Let me know in the comments below.

Until next time . . .

XOXO,


Nellie
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig