Friday, April 20, 2018

Strawberries & Cream Makeup Tutorial

Happy Friday, everyone! We survived another week. And there's no better way to kick off the weekend than with a colorful makeup tutorial. Ever since I bought the Colourpop Give It To Me Straight palette I've been using it non-stop. It offers everything a warm-toned girl could ask for - berry-toned mattes and gorgeous shimmers. 

Well, one day while I was playing with the palette I created this look right here and I knew that I had to share with all of you.


I call this look "Strawberries & Cream" because the way the lighter shadows seamlessly blended into the darker shades reminded me of a big bowl of strawberries and Cool Whip. With a few easy steps you can recreate this look in no time. So if that's something you're interested in just keep on reading >>>>
 
Step 1 - Using a Sigma E40 brush I blended the color Downright into the crease. I loved this color because it's easy to blend and build up color, making it the perfect transition shade.
 

Step 2 - With the same brush take Truth Hurts and BS and layer both colors into the crease to darken it and give the lid some dimension. Then using a Morphe M433 brush blend TMI into the outer corner and inner part of the crease. I also used a mix of Truth Hurts and Downright to blend out the edges. Because no one wants harsh lines.


Step 3 - Switching to a Morphe E18 brush, pack the color Be Blunt into the outer corner to give the lid some depth and then blend that same color in toward the middle of the lid. This is the first step in blending the darker colors with the lighter ones. 



Step 4 - With a flat, stiff brush (like the MAC 239 or a Crown C224 Oval Concealer) cover the lid with a light concealer. Any concealer will do - drugstore or high end - just pack half of the lid with it to use it as a base for the lighter color. Then with the same brush pack the color Up Front on top of the concealer and blend it into the darker shade Be Blunt.


Step 5 - With the same flat, stiff brush lightly pat a mix of Forthright and Straight Up in the center of the lid. These two colors act as a bridge between the lighter and darker colors. 


Step 6 - Switching to a pencil brush - like the Morphe E36 - smoke out the lower lash line with the colors Actually, TMI, and Be Blunt. You're basically putting the darker colors from the outer crease onto your lower lash line. This gives the eyes definition and can actually make them look bigger. 


Step 7 - Then take a dome-shaped brush - like the Makeup Geek Outer V Brush - and apply the shade Matter of Fact to the inner corner and to highlight the brow bone. Matter of Fact is a matte, white shade that's perfect for highlighting. For the final step use your favorite eye liner brush - mine is the Morphe M160-1/16 - and give yourself a wing using your favorite gel liner and line your waterline. My personal go-to is the L'Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Blackest Black. Then apply two coats of your favorite mascara and that's it. 

  
This look is perfect for spring and summer because even though it's colorful it's still wearable. You can wear it to on a date, to a job interview, to work, or even just for a casual weekend look. If you recreate this look Tweet me a picture with the hashtag #StrawberriesCream. I'd love to see your take on this look.

And that's all for now. Until next time my lovelies . . . 

Happy Weekend!

XOXO,

Nellie 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig