Monday, November 24, 2014

AMAs Rewind


The American Music Awards (AMAs) were last night and I can honestly say everything was pretty awesome: the red carpet fashion, the celebrity interviews, and (of course) the performances. Here's some highlights that really caught my eye:

  
One Direction on red carpet
 The handsome gents of 1D were present and fashionably rocking black. They performed a song from their new album, Four, called "Night Change" and I must say they did an exceptional job. They also picked up a few awards and thanked their fans for all the love and support.

As for my favorite fashion look of the night, Selena Gomez took the cake. She looked absolutely beautiful in a sleek black gown with gold jewelry. Her hair and makeup was flawless and she was even rocking a dark lip, which I currently love. But she didn't just look great, she also performed great. She sang "The Heart Wants What It Wants" and got a little emotional at the end.

Selena Gomez on the red carpet
As for one of the most exciting performances of the night it belonged the opening act - Miss Taylor Swift 


Tay-Tay wore a gorgeous coppery dress and a classic red lip and channeled her inner Glenn Close from Fatal Attractions. She went a little cray-cray with a wild eyes and even played with fire, but that didn't stop her from winning the Dick Clark Award for Excellence, which Diana Ross (yes, THE Diana Ross) presented her with. I never thought I'd see those two paired together, but in the world of the AMAs almost anything's possible I guess.

Diana Ross & Taylor Swift
I also really enjoyed Sam Smith's performance of "Not the Only One" and Ariana Grande's melody of her latest hits. That little girl can saaaaang. Her dress and hair was gorgeous and she had everyone nodding their heads and singing along to her current single "Love Me Harder".
Ariana Grande singing "Love Me Harder"
.  
But the strangest performance of the night definitely belonged to Lorde. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Lorde fan but even I had trouble following this performance. It started out with her in a box (literally, in a huge box) and then she came out and did some of the most spaz-tastic dance moves I've seen in a while.
Lorde's performing

So all in all the AMAs went off without a hitch - well if you don't count that minute when the teleprompter obviously went out and two of the presenters had to read their intros on pieces of paper - and I'm sure the winners are still grinning from ear-to-ear this morning. A list of a few of them is below.

Dick Clark Award for Excellence - Taylor Swift
Artist of the Year - One Direction
Best Pop/Rock Band - One Direction
Best Rap/Hip-Hop Album - The New Classic, Iggy Azalea
Best Pop/Rock Album - Midnight Memories, One Direction
Best Pop/Rock Male Artist - Sam Smith
Best Pop/Rock Female Artist - Katy Perry
Best Country Male Artist - Luke Bryan
Best Alternative Rock Artist - Imagine Dragons
Best New Artist of the Year - 5 Seconds of Summer
Best Rap/Hip-Hop Artist - Iggy Azalea
Best Country Album - Just As I Am, Brantley Gilbert
Best Latin Artist - Enrique Iglesias
Single of the Year - Dark Horse , Katy Perry feat. Juicy J
Best Country Female Artist - Carrie Underwood
Best Country Band - Florida Georgia Line
Best Soul/R&B Male Artist - John Legend
Best Soul/R&B Female Artist - Beyonce
Best Soul/R&B Album - BEYONCE , Beyonce
Best Electronic Dance Music (EDM) Artist - Calvin Harris
Best Soundtrack - Frozen

So what was your favorite part of the AMAs?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig