Friday, November 7, 2014

October Flashback


Ok, so I know I'm a little behind on this but I really wanted to do an October/Halloween post. 🎃

For the record Halloween is one of my absolute favorite holidays. I love almost everything about it - from the candy to the costumes to the reruns of Hocus Pocus on TV. But the best part of Halloween for me this year was the costumes.

People dressed up and went all out.
Following costumes: black cat, 70s gangsta, retired Hooters waitress

Some costumes were more out of the box. She was a Pop Art character.

While others were more "in" the box.

Get it?

Anyway, my costume was what we call "Halloween on a Budget." But hey it worked just fine.


For those of you who don't know, I was Rosie the Riveter, an American icon who represented the women who worked in factories during World War II. She was a symbol of feminism and women in the workforce. But importantly she was affordable and I already owned a chambray shirt and red bandana so I thought why not?

Yeah, Halloween had its perks. People even made food in honor of it. 

But even after all the fun of Halloween during the day I  had even more fun that night at a Church Fall Festival. I went on a hayride in the freezing cold with some cousins and little friends of mine. We took selfies and told ghost stories and basically shivered until the ride was over, but we had fun nonetheless. 

So all in all Halloween was really good and now I can't wait for Thanksgiving. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig