Friday, November 7, 2014

Fall, Holidays, and Giving Thanks . . .

In honor of it being November and all I'd like to take the time to gush over one of my favorite times of the year: FALL.

Can we all agree that fall is awesome? I mean you can wear layers and boots. The leaves change colors. Cafes everywhere start selling pumpkin and cinnamon inspired drinks. You get 3 holidays for the price of one: Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Black Friday. And yes, Black Friday is a considered a holiday to some people. But the absolutely best thing about fall for me is this: MY BIRTHDAY!



Yep, my birthday is November 30th - the official end of hurricane season. And I can hardly wait. Twenty-three moons ago I came into the world and nothing's been the same since. But aside from my birthday, fall is still really cool because it means you're this much closer to Christmas, which is the most wonderful time of the year according to Andy Williams (and if you don't know who that is look him up). And if we're that much closer to Christmas then we're that much closer to another year.


Another year means changes and changes can mean fears. But keep this in mind: even though the seasons change God never does. He'll get you through anything if you let Him. Just take the time to give thanks for what you have instead of worrying about what you don't and you'll be just fine. And you can take that to the bank.

Peace & Love,

Nellie


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig