Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I Can Only Imagine: Movie Review

 
 
Hello everybody and welcome back to my little corner of the internet. For today's post I wanted to tell you all about a movie I saw this past weekend that really inspired me. I'm talking about the film I Can Only Imagine. It was released to theaters this past Friday, March 16, 2018, and it's been soaring up the box office ever since.

Denis and I couldn't wait to see it because he's a big MercyMe fan and I love a good movie with a good storyline. And this movie definitely has a good storyline. It's actually a biopic about the lead singer of MercyMe, Bart Millard, and some of the events that led and inspired him to write the song, "I Can Only Imagine."



The film starts off with Bart being about 10 or 11 years old and you get a first-hand look at the verbal and physical abuse he and his mom received from his dad, played brilliantly by Dennis Quaid. As the story progresses we see how Bart's mom's abandonment and his dad's ongoing abuse affected him through his teen years to adulthood. And trust me, there were some parts where my heart was breaking for him.

But things finally turn around a little when Bart's dad realizes that he needs to make things right with his son. But Bart quickly realizes that forgiving his dad might be the hardest thing he's ever had to do.


I found this movie to be a lovely story of forgiveness and redemption. Bart had to do something I feel more of us need to do - let go of the pain of the past and step forward into a future of forgiveness.

 
Not to give too much away but the film also goes into how MercyMe was formed and how they went on to become the awesome praise and worship band they are today. We also got to see how quickly God can make something beautiful out of something painful and use it to inspire the world.
 


This song holds a very special place in my heart because it was one of my grandma's favorites. She's been deceased for four years now but every time I hear it I think of her.

I highly recommend you go and check this movie out. It's got everything: drama, comedy, and even a little romance thrown in for good measure. But more importantly, it's got heart. I feel that's something a lot of today's films are lacking: heart. While watching it, I laughed a little and cried a little but even more I walked away in a good mood. And in my opinion, if a movie can leave me with a smile it was definitely worth watching.

So that's all for now. Until next time . . .

XOXO,


Nellie
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig