Friday, March 2, 2018

Tourin' the Grand Ole Opry



Hello, everybody! I hope you're all having a great Friday so far. And even more I hope that you enjoy today's post. No trip to Nashville is complete without a tour of the Grand Ole Opry. So, of course, Denis and I couldn't pass it up when went there last summer. And as you can imagine, I completely geeked out.

All I kept thinking was that this is where Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, Alan Jackson, and Dolly Parton has performed. I mean, Carrie Underwood actually walked these halls. As we walked up to the entrance I felt all giddy inside. We were about to enter a piece of Country Music history.





I loved the huge guitars that were out front. Denis and I couldn't wait to take a picture in front one. 







The coolest part of touring the Opry for me was seeing all the costumes and memorabilia that was on display. The dress on the left had actually been worn by Minnie Pearl, a well-known American Country Comedian.




Johnny & June - 2 of my favorite singers


Another part of the tour we really enjoyed was seeing the dressing room. Each dressing room had a special name and a history. Can you imagine how many nervous performers have waiting in these rooms?





I had to snap of picture of this mural. It was done by a man named Archie Campbell and it's located in the House Family Green Room, which is the really nice Green Room for the stars to wait and relax in between performances. Mr. Campbell said he wanted this mural to capture the "good-natured riot" of the Opry and in my opinion I think he did. When I think of the Grand Ole Opry I think of great Country musicians coming together to make great music.



THE BEST PART

Ever since I was a little girl I've dreamed of being on the Grand Ole Opry stage. So you can imagine how excited I was to finally get to walk across it and stand in the circle. And I learned something kind of surprising about it - it's not as big as I thought it would be.

On TV this stage looks huge, like the biggest stage in the world, but it was actually pretty small.



Selfie Time!




Denis and I really enjoyed touring a piece of country music history and I would highly recommend it to anyone going to Nashville. All in all, we had a great time and learned a lot.

Want to see more of our adventures in Nashville? Check out tomorrow's post Making Our Way Down Music Row.

Until next time . . .

XOXO,

Nellie












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig