Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Rose Gold Makeup Look

 


Hello everybody and welcome to today's post. I've always loved gold things - from jewelry to makeup looks to clothing - but for the last few weeks I've been really digging all things rose gold.

I bought a new eye shadow product at Ulta a while back to try out - one of the Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Rose Gold Retro - and that's when I got inspired to do this makeup look. There's just something about rose gold things. I'm not sure why but I find them to be more feminine and sweet and if you agree and want to find out how to get this look right here >>>>> 

Just keep on reading. 
 

For this look I used my trusty (and well-loved and well-used) Jaclyn Hill palette and a Makeup Geek foiled shadow called Grandstand.

Step 1 - With a Sigma E35 brush I blended Silk Creme & MFEO into the crease. I always love to use these two colors for my transition shades because they're light enough to work as the transition shade and creamy enough for the other shadows to layer nicely on top of them. Laying a transition color down first is a must for any eye look. It makes any other colors you apply later blend smoothly. 
 

Step 2 - With the same brush I also blended a mix of Butter, Pooter, and Pukey into the crease to add a little bit of depth. 


Step 3 -Then switching to a Morphe M433 brush I added a darker color called Buns into my outer V and blended slightly into the crease. The key to this eye look is to gradually build and blend the darker colors with the lighter colors. Doing this helps the look seem a bit more natural instead of a smokey eye gone horribly wrong.

Step 4 - To add even more depth and darkness, I then applied a mix of 24/7, Chip, and Central Park from the palette to my outer V and crease with the same Morphe brush. Then with a flat shader brush from E.L.F. I packed the Makeup Geek Grandstand all over the lid. 

Honestly, if you wanted the look to be more natural you could stop here, apply some mascara, and call it a day. But I love sparkly things so I just had to keep going.

Step 5 - You never want harsh lines with any eye look. So, with that in mind, I used a Sigma E35 brush, packed it with Silk Creme and MFEO (those lovely transition colors again) and gently blended out the edges in my crease and around the outer V. Taking the time to do this step instantly softens the look.

Step 6 - Switching to the Makeup Geek Outer V brush, I then applied a mix of the first two shadows in the palette - Beam and Enlight - to my brow bone and inner corner for a highlight.

 
Step 7 - Because I later applied glitter to the lid I knew if I didn't add some shadows to my lower lash line the look would start to get "top heavy." So with a Morphe E36, I added a mix of the same colors I applied to the outer V - 24/7, Chip, Central Park - to my lower lash line to smoke it out some. I love using the Morphe E36 to apply color to my lower lash line because the tip of the brush is so tiny and the bristles are so soft I never have to worry about scratching my eye. Which trust me, with the wrong brush that can definitely happen.

 
Step 8 -Now it was time for the rose gold bling! Because the Stila Magnificent Metals have a liquid-y texture I didn't use a brush to apply it. Instead, I stuck with the doe-tipped brush that was built into the cap and lightly packed the glitter onto my lid. When using this kind of glitter I suggest applying it with a lighter hand and then building the product up. These little babies pack a punch of glitter and color and can quickly make a mess if you're not careful. 

Sigh. Look at that rose gold shine. Can we just take a moment? :-)

Step 9 - Then to top off the look (and after the glitter had dried) I drew a wing with my favorite angled liner brush, the Morphe M160 1/16 brush, and my favorite gel liner, the L'Oreal Infallible Gel Liner in Blackest Black. I also dipped my L'Oreal Silkissime Pencil Liner in the gel liner and lined my waterline.



The Finished Look
 


 
 

So that's the finished look. I hoped you all enjoyed this post and if you've ever done a look with one of the Stila Magnificent Metals Liquid Glitters let me know in the comments or send me a pic on Twitter. I'd love to see them. 

Until next time . . .

XOXO,

Nellie 

P. S. In case you were wondering the liquid lipstick I was wearing in the pictures, it was the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Double Dare











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig