Tuesday, March 6, 2018

My Everyday Makeup Look



Hello, everyone, and welcome to today's post. I don't know about you but I really enjoy reading (or watching on YouTube) a blogger/vlogger's Every Day Makeup Look. I guess it's because I love to see what kind of beauty products they use and whether or not they're doing a look I'd like to recreate. And while I'm not sure if anyone would want to recreate my every day makeup look, I thought I would share it anyway.

The products featured in this post are the ones I've been reaching for lately. You'll see that when it comes to my every day the products I use range from drugstore to high end products. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me how much a makeup product costs because I've found that some affordable products that work just as good (and sometimes better) as high end products. Check out my 2nd blog, Drugstore Gems, to see detailed reviews of my favorite drugstore products.

But for now, let's jump in >>>>>
  


I thought I'd go over the products I used in the order I actually used them.

PRIMER

For me, I always start my makeup routine by priming my face. I forgot to include the primer I used in the pictures but the one I've been grabbing for the last few months is the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing. I used this stuff for my wedding (see My Wedding Makeup post here) and I became addicted to it. I like it leaves my skin baby soft, which helps my foundation to glide on seamlessly.

FOUNDATION

After my face is primed I apply my Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation with my Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki brush. I love using the Sigma F80 brush for my foundation because the bristles are really soft and it helps to buff the foundation smoothly into my skin. I wear number 4.0 in the All Nighter foundation.

CONCEALER

Then I use my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in the color Sand to highlight under my eyes, around my nose, between my eyes, above my top lip, and on my chin. Then I use a damp beauty sponge I got from Amazon to blend it out. Watching Jaclyn Hill's videos taught me the importance of blending my concealer out with a damp beauty sponge. Seriously, it will change the way your face looks and how your concealer holds up through the day.


POWDER

After all the liquids are put in place I set it with my beauty sponge and my Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder. For a drugstore powder it is pretty amazing. It's a pressed powder but it's super soft and it blends like a dream. I use the shade Nude and I can honestly, it's my go-to powder at the drugstore.

BRONZER

After everything is set then it's time for bronzer. I've recently fallen in love with the Benefit Hoola Bronzer. This stuff is the best bronzer I've used so far. It blends beautifully and it sits nicely on the skin. It doesn't look orange on the face or streaky because it has a more tan look that makes your contour look very natural. I blend this in the hollows of my cheek with the Morphe R10 Deluxe Tapered Powder brush and then it's time for blush.

BLUSH

I don't know what it is about blush but it's one of my favorite things to put on. To me, the wrong shade of blush can completely wreck your look but when you find the right shade - the shade that enhances your features - it can take your look to the next level. I used to have an Ipsy subscription and in one of my monthly packages I received the Doll 10 HydraGel Cream Blush in the color Flirt. Well, as it turned out this was the perfect color for me because it didn't make me look like I had a rash. Instead, it blended in nicely and didn't fade as the day wore on. Since it was a cream blush I applied it with my fingers, blending it into the apples of my cheeks. I find that cream blushes tend to give my face a more natural look than powder blushes.


Then after the blush it was time for my favorite part - highlighter.

HIGHLIGHTER

My favorite highlighter is another product I used in my wedding that I completely fell in love with - Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Powder in Champagne Pop. In my opinion this is the best highlighter on the market. Yes, there are countless good-quality highlighters out there from different brands but to me, Champagne Pop will always hold a special place in my heart because I wore it on my wedding day. Plus, it has a soft, slight gold-y peach, shimmer effect to it that looks amazing on tan to medium complexions. And I know that a lot of people don't wear highlighter every day but for me it's an every day staple.



Now on to my favorite part of my every day look - the eyes. 






They say the eyes are the window to the soul. Well, I believe that they should be the most beautiful windows in the world. First off I start off by priming my lids with the NYX Eyeshadow Base in Nude. Then I fill in my brows with my trusty Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown. This is my favorite brow pencil because the tip is really small and you can create the most life-like brows with it. When the brows are done, I use the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara to set them in place. This stuff works well in keeping unruly place in check without feeling like hardened glue on your face.





Then it's time for the eye shadow. If you saw my post My New Favorite Palette: Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance then you know how deep my love for this palette runs. Seriously, I can't remember my life before this palette came into to it. The Modern Renasissance palette is one of the best eye shadow palettes on the market and for good reason. The color selection is on-point and the shadows are very pigmented yet very blendable and buttery. And while there are some pinky/cranberry shades in the palette that I adore, I tend to steer towards the neutrals and browns for my every day look.

If any of you'd like me to do a tutorial of my every day look just let me know in the comments. That way I can show you guys exactly which colors I use from the palette and which brushes I use to apply them.

But anyway, after the eye shadow's done I apply liquid liner - the Revlon ColorStay Skinny Liner  in Black Out to my upper lid and the NYX Wonder Pencil to my waterline to brighten up the look. Then I apply my favorite mascara at the moment to top of the look - the L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara in Blackest Black and move on to the lips.





  


While there are plenty of amazing lip products out there for my every day look I tend to stick to what the drugstore has to offer. I apply some lip balm to moisturize my lips, then swipe on my Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Let's Get Naked. I really like this color because it's a nice nude-y pink that doesn't bleed or flake off. Then, for good measure, I add NYX's Butter Gloss in Crème Brulee for a little shine.

Then I my face with the L'oreal Infalliable Makeup Extender Setting Spray and I'm ready to go.





So what are your favorite products to use for your every day look? Let me know in the comments.

Until next time . . .

XOXO,

Nellie 





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig