Tuesday, November 28, 2017

My Favorite Cosmetics: Drugstore Edition

So I saw this YouTube video of a girl giving a rundown of her favorite drugstore (or High Street if you're in the UK) products and I thought that was an excellent idea. She basically just showed the products she used the most that could be bought for a drugstore price. And I thought to myself, "How awesome is that?"

So .... I decided to do a little list up of my own.



I started this blog partly because I wanted to share and learn about fashion/beauty products that wouldn't break the bank because I believed (and still believe) that fashion and makeup should be accessible to everyone regardless of their bank account.

So this list consists of all the products I currently use, have repurchased multiple times, and would definitely recommend.

Disclaimer: All product prices listed below are the current prices for November 2017 and may vary in future and/or at different retailers. 

Hope you enjoy!

Foundation - Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation

This foundation is the best drugstore foundation I've found for oily skin. It keeps my face looking flawlessly oil free and covers blemishes well. It helps minimize my pores with it's mousse-like consistency and glides on easily with a foundation brush.

My Shade: Light Nude
Average Price: $4.97




Concealer - Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is one of the best concealers on the market - drugstore or high end. It's a light formula and it has a good range of colors so almost any skin tone is covered.

My Shade:  Sand
Average Price: $5.48

 






 

Powder - Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder


The Dream Wonder Powder from Maybelline is a must-have for me. Since I have oily skin I tend to lean towards powders that promise a matte finish. The Dream Wonder Powder does that and so much more. When applied with a light hand it controls oil while helping your skin to still look like skin.


My Shade: Naked
Average Price: $8.18







Bronzer - Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula have done a cosmetic miracle- they created a drugstore bronzer that actually smells great and works as well as a high end bronzer. It smells like coconut lotion and applies really smoothly. It's not too orange or brown so it doesn't make your face look muddy but compliments your complexion well with natural-looking definition. My go-to drugstore bronzers for sure.

My Shade: Light
Average Price: $13.23










Blush - Milani Baked Blush

While the drugstore has a good selection of really good blushes my favorite has to be Milani's Baked Blushes. They have an assortment of colors and apply seamlessly. Plus they stay on my oily skin the longest so that's always a plus in my book.


 My Shade: Luminoso
Average Price: $6.99









 

Highlighter - Wet N Wild Highlighter

I find Wet N Wild's highlighters to be just as good as some high end highlighters I've tried. The formula is top notch, soft, and gives you a nice amount of shine for your buck. It's very buildable if you're into beaming highlighting. Plus, they have a few different colors that compliments all skin tones.

My Shade: Precious Petals
Average Price: $4.99

 


Eye Shadow Base - NYX Eye Shadow Base


NYX is known for offering professional products at a drugstore price. And while I love a lot of their products I find that I can't live without their eye shadow base. I just apply it to my eye lids with my ring finger before I put on my eye shadow and it lasts all day.

My Shade: Skin Tone
Average Price: $6.99



Lipstick - Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick


Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipsticks are amazing. They make my lips feel soft and the color stays on pretty good throughout the day. Yes, it will come off if you're drinking something and yes, you will have to reapply, but I really like the formula and the color selection is great. So not a bad choice for a drugstore lippie.

My Shade: Piccadilly Pink
Average Price: $6.49









So now you know my top drugstore picks. Now, it's your turn. If any of you have any drugstore products that you really love or suggest I use please leave it in the comments.

Until next time . . .

XOXO,

Nellie








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig