Monday, November 20, 2017

What I'm Most Thankful For

 
With Thanksgiving less than 10 days away I thought I should take the time to reflect on what I'm most thankful for. And while there are a million little things (my sight, my ability to hear and walk, my home, etc.) there a few bigger things and/or people who stand out more to me.
 
So, in honor of our upcoming Turkey Day here's quick list of the 5 things I'm most thankful for >>>>>
 

5. Life

I've learned that every day is truly a gift and what you do with that gift is up to you. So many people never take the time to appreciate that their alive - that they woke up another day. There are countless people in the world who will spend this holiday season missing loved ones who've gone on. So don't take life for granted and don't waste it by wanting what everyone else has - because in the end all that really matters is this: the people you knew and how you touched their lives.

 

4. My Church

 
I don't just mean the building - I mean the people in it. The church is so much more than bricks and pews - it's the body of Christ - and I'm thankful for my church family. They pray for me and encourage me. And no matter what I know I can go to them for help and prayer. If you don't have a church family I would highly recommend finding one. It's really nice to know you have people praying for you.
 

3. My Family

 
Can I just say that I have the best mom in the world (and I might be a little bit biased) but I truly feel like she's the best mom I could ever ask for. She loves me unconditionally and even when I get on her nerves she still puts up with me. No matter what I know she'll always have my back. As for my dad, I'm thankful he's in my life too. He has one of the biggest hearts in the world and he's taught me a lot about the importance of helping others and making a difference in little ways. They're both amazing people and I'm grateful to have them as parents.
Mom & Me
 
 
Dear old Dad
 
I also am blessed with wonderful grandparents who love me no matter what. Even though my grandma is gone now I thank God for every minute I got to spend with her and I'll never forget all the things she taught me. Her and grandpa are like my second parents and I'm thankful God blessed me with them.
Grandma & Grandpa
 
I also have an uncle who I love dearly. Life wouldn't be the same without Uncle Terry. He's taught me how to accept life as it is and to roll with the punches - a lesson I am truly grateful for.
 
Uncle Terry
 And now that I've gotten married my family just keeps extending.


2. My Husband 

Denis & Me
 
I thank God every day for blessing me with Denis. He's a really good man with a really good heart and that's one of the many reasons I love him. We're not just husband and wife, we're best friends, and my life is better because he's in it. I'm honored to be his wife and I'm thankful for every moment we share.
 
 
 
And while my husband is very important to me there's one man that I'm even more grateful to have in my life >>>>

 

1. Jesus

 
I don't even want to think about where I'd be without Jesus. He's the source of my strength, peace, and love. He has taught me and still teaches me so much about how life is supposed to be lived - abundantly. He has stood by my side even in the darkest of times, even when I felt like I had no one, He was still there. And His faithfulness just makes me love Him more.
 
Well, that's my list. Short and sweet.

Now it's your turn. What are you most thankful for this year?

XOXO,

Nellie



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig