Monday, November 13, 2017

Top 5 Preacher Podcasts I Listen To

There are 5 preachers who've changed my life and have encouraged me to keep going in the hard times. And while I've never met them I feel like I know them because I listen to their church podcasts every week.

These pastors come from different backgrounds, different denominations, and even different parts of the country but one thing remains - they all believe and preach that Jesus Christ is Lord and that the only way to true peace is through Him.

Their sermons have uplifted me, chastised me, and reminded that I have a Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me. Their words have brought me hope in my darkest moments.

So here's a quick list of my Top 5 Preacher Podcasts I Listen to >>>>>>

1. Andy Stanley, NorthPoint Community Church, Atlanta, GA


Pastor Stanley's podcast was the first one I ever listened to. I was approaching a slight change in my life and looking for something to give me hope. While scrolling through the iTunes Podcasts lists I came across his sermon series called "Starting Over" series. I gave it a listen and haven't stopped listening yet.

Andy has a way of breaking the Bible down so that's it's easy to understand without losing the true meaning of the Scripture. His series are fast-paced, to-the-point, and educational. I've learned from his teachings and always look forward to hearing what's next.

Here's a video of first sermon in the "Starting Over" sermon series called "Own It."

 
 
2. Steven Furtick, Elevation Church, Charlotte, NC
 

Pastor Steven is by far the most awesome preacher I've ever heard. After I got used to listening to Andy Stanley's sermons I branched out and gave this guy's podcast a chance and let me tell you - I haven't been disappointed yet.

Pastor Steven is down-to-earth, his sermons are relatable yet Biblically accurate. He has a way of taking the Bible and bringing it to life and relating it to every day circumstances. He's funny and even more impressive he tells it like it is.

My absolute favorite sermon from him is "How to Love the Mud." The video for it is below.

 
 
3. Levi Lusko, Fresh Life Church, Montana & Utah
 



Pastor Levi is one-of-a-kind with his preaching style. He has an uncanny way of weaving things like Marvel comic references with the Bible - and the funny thing is - it works. But his sermons are not all pop culture references - they're genuine and full of Scriptural depth. Just like Pastor Steven he's relatable and funny at times but he knows the Bible and he's not afraid to preach it. See for yourself.


 
 
4. Joyce Meyer, Joyce Meyer Ministries, St. Louis, MO
 


Joyce Meyer is known for her amazing Bible teaching and television ministry, but to me she's known for this phrase that has stuck with me through the years, "It's not about what you feel but what you know." This means that you shouldn't let your emotions lead you - you can lead them with the Word of God. Her sermons are easy to understand and her own story is very inspiring. Also, her books have been very helpful to me, especially "Battlefield of the Mind."

My favorite sermon series from her so far has been "Are You Resisting or Assisting the Devil."


 


 
5. John Gray, Lakewood Church, Houston, TX
 
 
The first time I heard Pastor John Gray preach was actually on an Elevation Church podcast. He was speaking at their church during the Code Orange Revival and his sermons touched me. He's funny and easy to listen to. His sermons will have you laughing and even better they'll have you thinking. He knows the Bible and he's not afraid to sing, dance, or laugh in his sermons.
 
This was the first sermon I ever heard him preach.
 

 
I'm always looking for a good preacher podcast to listen to so feel free to leave some suggestions in the comments.
 
XOXO,
 
Nellie

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

My Go-To Weekend Look

Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. For me the weekend is my time to run some errands I didn't get to in the week. It&#...

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig